[plug] Vaction program and multiple aliases

Michael Holland myk at myk.id.au
Mon Oct 16 15:52:08 WST 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Joel at Plug wrote:

> Michael, do you mean having the comma-separation in the .forward itself
> or in the pipe to vacation?

I meant that the .forward is a comma-separated list, but probably
misunderstood your intent. I was talking about '.forward' syntax, not the
vacation command.

> I.e.:
> \username, "|/usr/bin/vacation -a alias1 at domain1, alias2 at domain2 username"

No. The man page for vacation isn't clear, but I expect you can have
multiple '-a alias' arguments. I just tried on the command line and got no
syntax error. Why not test it?

> \username, "|/usr/bin/vacation -a alias1 at domain1 username",
> "|/usr/bin/vacation -a alias2 at domain2 username"

That'd probably work if for some reason the above fails. Looks a bit scary
though.

Mike.