[plug] Windows to Linux Samba backup concepts

Lance Duivenbode plug at duivenbode.id.au
Thu Oct 19 10:10:06 WST 2006

Not sure about the permissions issue but it seems like overkill to copy 600GB
every time. I've also had problems in the past with large, sustained
transfers and Samba timing out. Perhaps you could use rsync instead and only
copy what changes?

We currently use this solution for backing up some of our client machines
where I work, so I know it does work. If your interested, I can try and dig
up the name of the Win32 rsync software we use.

Lance