[plug] anti-virus

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Thu Oct 19 16:19:12 WST 2006

On 19 Oct 2006 at 0:30, Ashley Jennings wrote:

8<------------ snip ----------------->8

> PS  One util not included on the osswin list is
> http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ that gives many *nix commands in the
DOS
> shell. A 3 minute download and install that makes a Winbox much more
> usable and marginally more free.

Ashley,

Thanks for the lead.

I have just downloaded "GNU utilities for Win32" from the above URL.

Works a treat - adds new life to the art of writing  batch files - but
this time with some of the the power and flexibility of *nix shell
scripts.

I need to play with it some more - but what I have seen so far looks very
interesting.

It lets me write batch files using a mixture of DOS and *nix utilities.

All I needed to do was create a directory for the GNU utilities to live
in and edit my Path statement to allow direct access to the GNU
utilities.

Regards Arie