[plug] Evolution filter on foreign character sets?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 21 13:14:17 WST 2006

Just select the offending messages and click the "Learn as junk" button.
Make sure you have selected "on line checks" in the settings.  As it
builds a profile it catches pretty well all of them.  Also, if your isp
has junk mail scanning like iinet, you can choose to have messages
marked as junk by their expensive, commercial filter that has a huge
database to draw on, and then filter these marked messages yourself
based on the markings (make sure to use mark and forward, not block so
you still keep control over whats thrown out).  I find iinets does miss
some, and spamassasin does as well, but generally both together do an
excellent job.

BillK

On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 11:51 +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Whenever I get an e-mail in Chinese, Arabic, unprintable etc can I
> somehow tell evolution that this is obviously spam and to filter it
> accordingly?
>
> thanks,

Home!