[plug] Evolution filter on foreign character sets?

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sat Oct 21 13:38:51 WST 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 13:14 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Just select the offending messages and click the "Learn as junk" button.
> Make sure you have selected "on line checks" in the settings.  As it
> builds a profile it catches pretty well all of them.  Also, if your isp
> has junk mail scanning like iinet, you can choose to have messages
> marked as junk by their expensive, commercial filter that has a huge
> database to draw on, and then filter these marked messages yourself
> based on the markings (make sure to use mark and forward, not block so
> you still keep control over whats thrown out).  I find iinets does miss
> some, and spamassasin does as well, but generally both together do an
> excellent job.
>
> BillK

Thanks Bill,

I'm already using the Amcom spam filter which prefixed with [SPAM] maybe
10-30% of the spam.

I checked and I did have that option enabled. I am pressing control J
for spam but if it looks like a common spam subject/sender I'm making a
new rule to filter by that subject sender.

I do that that option checked "check incoming mail for junk" but I don't
know if its doing anything.

I also try checking on "include remote tests" and I'll see what that
does.

I'm currently getting about 100-200 spams per 24 hour period.

regards,
--
Chris Caston

Aptitude Technology