[plug] Closure of OSWA

Stuart Midgley stuart.midgley at ivec.org
Mon Oct 23 10:44:42 WST 2006

I posted this to the forums on the saveopensourcewa.com website... I
would be interested in people's perspective here.

I have watched with interest the discussion and observed the emails
on the PLUG email list.

What functionality of OSWA did people actually use? What
functionality do people want in such a centre? Did people use the
demonstration centre much? Or was it more a point of contact and
advocacy?

I'm concerned that people have jumped onto the (general) opensource
bandwagon without clearly articulating what functionality of the
centre or use of its resources they are concerned about.

--
Dr Stuart Midgley
Industry Uptake Program Leader

Phone: +61 8 6436 8545