[plug] Nvidia driver - NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8774-pkg1.run

Dave Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Sun Oct 29 15:59:56 WST 2006

Hi folks,
Only about a week ago I successfully installed this driver on my
Mandriva 2006 (2.6.12-12mdk) system by downloading a compatible (as
suggested by Nvidia) version of gcc-2.6.12-12mdk? but crashed the whole
thing yesterday by stupidly trying to resize a partition...
So I reinstalled the system together with the associated version of gcc
(4.0.1) which was on the same disk, under the assumption that it should
work with 'NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8774-pkg1.run' but it doesn't, and I
can't for the life of me remember where I found the 2.6.12-12 version of
gcc. Seems that a number of mandr(ake)iver rpms have been removed from
the mirrors?
Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction please.
regards
Dave Dartnall