[plug] Edgy Eft available

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Tue Oct 31 22:07:50 WST 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 16:56 +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> Just to get to something on-topic, although the list has been inundated
> with strange stuff lately - has anyone here downloaded the latest Edgy
> and is running it? Is it worth it?

Nothing major broke in the upgrade here. Having said that I'd make sure
you set aside a day "just in case" - I did encounter some crashing apps.
I had to patch some random oddball programs I used (qiv and linsmith),
but everything else is fine. Firefox 2 has some awesome features!

It would have been such a productive day, until I installed Beryl[1] and
I've gotten no work done ever since ... don't do it! I never thought
that I was one for eye candy, until now. Translucent windows, desktop
cubes, spanning windows across desktops ... I could spend all day just
spinning the desktop cube. Maybe I need to get out more. But it looks
awesome! And it worked straight out of the box - the wiki instructions
worked flawlessly. It was never meant to be this easy! :P

Bernard.

[1] http://www.beryl-project.org/ ... don't do it!