[plug] Snakes On A Laptop: call for interest in a PLUG HackerNight

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Sep 4 15:02:06 WST 2006

Shannon Carver wrote:

> I'm tossing up wether to come, I don't know much about python at all, but
> from what I've heard it sounds like something interesting to get into.  I
> realise its in no way a beginner's talk, but are we happy to have beginners
> come along?

Yes-ish.  I suppose I was trying to discourage people from coming along
under the impression that it would be a gentle introduction to Python,
but if you've dabbled in the language a bit and are curious to know more,
or if you're a seasoned programmer in another language and reckon you
could pick up the rudiments of Python quickly enough, by all means come
:-)

> Also, do we need to book (at the moon)?  I'm not sure what the go is
> usually, but some nights of the week, it can get relatively busy, so it
> might be an idea to book the whole back room out, which I'm sure they'd be
> happy to do if we were all buying drinks or something.

Hmm, that's a good point.  As you say, it can get busy - one reason for
having it on a night in the middle of the week was that I was hoping it
would be less crowded, but I don't know the place well enough to judge
what it's likely to be like.

Cameron