[plug] Gnome 'Inserted Disc'

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 18:44:42 WST 2006

> There should be a box to tick to remember the action each time.  So, put
> in blank DVD disc, wait for the dialogue to pop up, tick the 'remember
> action' box and choose 'do nothing' or 'ignore' or whatever.  Maybe :-)

I was sure there was as well, or at least back when I used Gnome there
was. A screenshot proves me wrong though.

> trouble is, if she is not sure how to use her desktop much, she may not
> get DVD movies starting automatically when loaded once she has told her
> system to ignore disk loading.

Seeing as she doesnt' watch DVD on her computer, that's not a problem.
Thunar is fine for using Disc, and she does know how to play a DVD if
she needs to. Part of the problem was that she would be about to burn
a DVD, from the command line :-D and then when she inserts the blank
disc, gets this annoying pop up!!

Cameron, I'll try what you have suggested.

Thanks Gavin as well.

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956