[plug] Gnome 'Inserted Disc'

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Tue Sep 5 18:58:07 WST 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 18:44 +0800, Timothy White wrote:
-snip-
> > trouble is, if she is not sure how to use her desktop much, she may not
> > get DVD movies starting automatically when loaded once she has told her
> > system to ignore disk loading.
>
> Seeing as she doesnt' watch DVD on her computer, that's not a problem.
> Thunar is fine for using Disc, and she does know how to play a DVD if
> she needs to. Part of the problem was that she would be about to burn
> a DVD, from the command line :-D and then when she inserts the blank
> disc, gets this annoying pop up!!

It is _only_ annoying, not system-breaking ;-)  Happens to me all the
time in KDE but what of it?  Each to their own, I guess.  I could get
rid of it, but it doesn't really bother me :-)

Another thought:
In the windoze world, I remember that if you held down the 'shift' key
when inserting a disc that it didn't automatically start - then don't
use it when you wanted the disc to load.  Does something like that work
under gnome, I wonder?

Gavin