[plug] Cisco VPN client installation problems

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 9 12:22:09 WST 2006

openvpn just works!  I was really p'd off when they changed the WLAN so
you couldnt use your own vpn (I have an endpoint in my office), but were
forced to use their system (I believe cost recovery as well as trying to
make student wlan traffic private were the reasons).

If you want to pop into my office at Murdoch (look me up in the
directory) and bring a usb key or similar, I have a copy of the tarball.

As for ip_sec and the kernel: turn it all on!  I originally had to
google for whats needed - from memory it will often build without all
the requirements, just wouldnt connect if a missing one was needed, so
its better to err on the side of making everything available.

BillK