[plug] Fluid damage to Laptop

Shayne O'Neill shayneo at bestflights.com.au
Mon Sep 11 13:23:14 WST 2006

> you can wash it with the garden hose if you like!

Um, Don't do this. You'll oxidise the heck out of the solder joints
seriously reducing the life time.

Use a proper cleaning solution, something that is NON conductive, and
preferably inert.
Give it a once over with a blast of air to properly dry it, and swing a
cat 3 times around your head for good luck.

For reference, I managed to drop my mobile into a pint of beer ("Here
sweety let me lean over and get that for you *plop* *WAAAAGH!*")/
It died and wouldn't come back. 3 weeks later it just woke up with the
normal alarm clock I used for waking up, good as new. It was weird.

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
"Jesus Christ is the centre of everything and the object of everything;
He who does not know him, knows nothing of the order of the world
and nothing of himself."             Blaise Pascal

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au