[plug] Question marks in table after mysql migration

Shayne O'Neill shayneo at bestflights.com.au
Tue Sep 12 15:16:59 WST 2006

Hey,

I've got a slightly bamboozling problem!

I've transferred a large table from an old webhost to an internal
webhost, and in the process have had a sprinkling of random question
marks thru the data. Now, Im thinking the question marks are some sort
of unicode wierdness, but yeah. Problem is, the table is now in active
use (before we noticed this), so I cant try again with a more sensible
eye on codepages.

Any suggestions on an easy way to weed these little buggers out? The
table has no valid reason to have any question marks in it, so I figure
I can just replace the ?'s with spaces, but for the life of me I cant
work out how to do it :(

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Shayne