[plug] ubuntu live dvd

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Sat Sep 16 01:08:30 WST 2006

Hi

I just tried booting ubuntu 6.06 using the dvd from the August 2006
issue of 'Linux Magazine'.  Not so good.

I selected the first menu entry to start ubuntu.  Things appeared to
proceed normally (no errors reported).  Then the screen went black.
Perhaps 30 seconds later there was a chord from the speakers followed by
a message from the monitor that there was no signal and in 5 seconds it
would enter standby mode.  Neither keyboard nor mouse had any effect.

My video card is an nVidia GeForce MX440-SE.

The installed system is FC5 with nvidia's 8774 driver which works fine.

I just tried again and found a number of error messages at the end of
/var/log/Xorg.0.log indicating problems accessing /dev/wacom.

I have no wacom hardware installed.  No clones either.

Jim