[plug] ubuntu live dvd

Michael Holland myk at myk.id.au
Sat Sep 16 08:46:37 WST 2006

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Jim Householder wrote:

> I selected the first menu entry to start ubuntu.  Things appeared to
> proceed normally (no errors reported).  Then the screen went black.

How far did you get? No more choices after the boot menu?
You saw the graphics console, but X didn't work ?

> would enter standby mode.  Neither keyboard nor mouse had any effect.

Did you try CTRL-ALT-F1 to get out of X, back to the console, or
ctrl-alt-backspace?
Otherwise how were able to view the log ?

> I just tried again and found a number of error messages at the end of
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log indicating problems accessing /dev/wacom.

The wacom stuff is normal. You can ignore it.

If you e-mail me the Xorg.0.log, I'll take a look.

Otherwise, it might be easiest to do a text-mode install, and then
fix X afterwards.

Mike.