[plug] Billion modem-router

Milan Pospisil pospim at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 22:53:50 WST 2006

On 9/22/06, Arie Hol <arie99 at ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> On 22 Sep 2006 at 8:16, Milan Pospisil wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks,
> >              My Billion BiPAC7402VL VoIP ADSL Modem-Router decided to call
> > it a day and I need a replacement rather urgently. Could someone please
> > recommend a half way decent piece of equipment( or perhaps share his
> > experience, whatever it may be) which will work with Linux at a modest
> 512
> > K speed(or perhaps a bit higher :-)
>
> A common problem with Billion ADSL modem/routers - the switch contacts
> burn away over a period of time - due to the switch contact being made of
> very thin copper plate and when switched across the contacts the copper
> plate gets burnt away by arcing across the contacts.

 The symptoms associated with my problem seem to be rather different.
  ATM I am having difficulties to establish the Point to Point
Protocol link as well as the selected values diverting without a
reason back to the factory preset values i.e. firewall disabled, user
name and paswordf being changed to original factory defaults etc. That
with the machine being on 24/7 with no known power glitch or failure.