[plug] email left on ISP's server

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 08:51:56 WST 2006

> And again, like Matt suggested, check that the version of IMAP you will
> be using is good to go ( eg.  Once I had a IMAP setup that would not
> allow subfolders of folders !!  Inbox->Lists->Plug , would only allow
> Inbox->Lists )

This can be due to the mail store on the server. For example, if it's
mbox, then in general (unless you have a funky server) you can't have
a folder that can contain mail and subfolders. You can ether have
Inbox->Lists->Plug and plug can contain mail, but Lists can't, or
Inbox->Lists and Lists can contain mail.
Still, I don't see this as a too limiting factor if that's all they
provide you. You just need to think about how you organise your
mailboxes a lot more.

Another thing that would be good to look for, is an IMAP provider that
has some sort of filtering, for example so that mail from plug goes
straight into the plug folder, regardless of which client your using.

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au