[plug] Apache2 questions

Lee Jamieson leejam at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 17:52:16 WST 2006

On 9/28/06, Patrick Coleman <blinken at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/28/06, Lee Jamieson <leejam at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Below is the output of etc\apache2\sites-available default
> >
> <snip>
> Yep. You also however need to change the line
>  <Directory /var/www/>
>  <Directory /home/webserver/>
> so that options are applied correctly.
>
> > Is that a good idea?
>
> Nothing wrong with it. Its just not necessarily where other people
> would expect it to be, which may or may not be a bad thing for you.

I changed that one too, and it still didn't work; I was getting a 403
forbidden error.  I'm not sure how to allow access to anonymous
computers, but when I get home I'll go through the apache docs again
and see if I can set that.

Out of curiosity, I changed everything back to it's original state,
and tried again.  From firefox on my XP box the Apache splash page
displayed, but from IE there was another 403 forbidden; also from my
brother's computer in perth, he got the same thing.

Is that to do with anonymous connections or something?  As I said,
I'll go do some light reading (NOT!) and see what I come up with.

--
-
Regards,

Lee Jamieson