[plug] sync usb memory stick

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Sun Apr 8 20:25:02 WST 2007

I use a usb memory stick for backing up and transferring files between
my laptop, my desktop and terminals at uni.  I want to keep
the /home/gavin/uni folder synchronised on each of the lappie and
desktop with a backup carried on the memory stick made with rsync (no
compression).  What is the best way to keep everything in sync if I have
a new/modified file on any one of the three storage media and I want it
propagated across all?  I know I can do a rsync both ways, but am really
looking for a tool that will compare directories and interactively make
sure they are exact mirrors of each other at any time.

Gavin