[plug] Linux to feature on Palm Treo

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Wed Apr 11 22:51:44 WST 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 17:24 +0400, Brad Campbell wrote:
> And talking of dodgy hardware, not 12 months in and I can see plastic
> through the paint on my Vaio
> where I rest my left palm as I type. I've worn most of the paint from
> my "N" key, a patch in the
> spacebar where my finger rests and a big splotch in my "PgDn" key. One
> day someone will make more
> durable paint for these things!
>
> Brad

Environmental soapbox warning:

While I agree that there is very poor quality stuff out there, even from
name-brand gear, we really only have ourselves to blame.  We are mostly
all addicted to getting that next good buzz from buying that new toy
(insert car, phone, widescreen laptop, etc here) and manufacturers cut
ever more corners trying to wring maximum profit for their
shareholders.

Meantime the planet is slowly dying from the burden of our
consumerism :-(

Sorry, I'll go back into cloaked mode again ... and I do share your
disgust at lack of quality.

Gavin