[plug] Ubuntu 7.04

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Wed Apr 25 08:47:52 WST 2007

'morning everyone,

Firstly, respect for those who gave their lives for us today.

Now back to my email, I just installed Ubuntu 7.04...live CD ran fine,
everything said it installed ok but up reboot and choosing Ubuntu from
the GRUB list it says...

"invalid compressed format (err=2)"

I've done some googling and maybe I was using the wrong search terms but
the only info I found was about older (IBM) machines and problems with
burning the disk images at too higher speeds.

FYI I have an AMD 64 dual core 3700+ with 2 gigs of RAM, 2 x 250 gig
SATA HDD's

I tried reburning the ISO image at a lower speed, that didn't work. I
would've thought if there was a problem with the compressed image I'd
get an error when the live CD boots ?

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated

Cheers
Kai

--
Photographer and severe weather fanatic

Organised by shooting date: www.vk6ksj.net/gallery/
Organised by category: www.vk6ksj.net/photography/

Favourite recorded storm to date:
www.vk6ksj.net/photography/2006-01-17_Thunderstorm/

Favourite lighting storm on stills camera:
http://www.vk6ksj.net/gallery/rls121106 (2 pages)