[plug] Unable to view movie DVD with Linux

Joshua Chase joshych at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 29 19:36:26 WST 2007

I don't have too much problem with the devices providing they are not used for piracy. Though I would'nt bother fiddle with deCSS.

Bernd Felsche <bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au> wrote: Joshua Chase  wrote:

>not quite that extreme.

>Michael Holland  wrote: On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Joshua Chase wrote:

>> be careful with technicalities...

>Huh? Why?  They'd be locking up everybody if they had to prosecute every
>illegal act. Owning an iPod or VCR would be a prima facie case for
>copyright violation.  Nobody is going to sue users of unlicensed DVD
>players. Yet. Some recent legislation is very scary.

It'd be easier to prosecute the retailers of the devices.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | The object of life is not to be on the side of
 X   against HTML mail     | the majority but to escape finding oneself in
/ \  and postings          | the ranks of the insane.  -- Marcus Aurelius

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au