[plug] Unable to view movie DVD with Linux

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Apr 29 23:03:33 WST 2007

On 29 Apr 2007 at 21:36, Joshua Chase wrote:

8<-------------------- snip -------------------->8

> >Huh? Why?  They'd be locking up everybody if they had to prosecute
every
> >illegal act. Owning an iPod or VCR would be a prima facie case for
> >copyright violation.  Nobody is going to sue users of unlicensed DVD
> >players. Yet. Some recent legislation is very scary.
>
> It'd be easier to prosecute the retailers of the devices.
> --

I guess it's a bit like 'radar detectors' on automobiles, to avoid
speeding fines.

It's not illegal to sell them.

It's not illegal to own them.

But it is illegal to use them.

Then again - if you don't speed, you don't need one.

But it is nice to know where "the Kojak with the Kodak" is hiding when
your'e out driving in the country.

Regards Arie