[plug] [OT] Companies in Perth that can flash BIOS chips

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Sun Aug 5 19:05:07 WST 2007

On Sun, 2007-08-05 at 17:46 +0800, Dion wrote:
> Hi flashing my bios failed.
>
> So does anyone know of a company in Perth that can supply a new bios
> chip flashed with the .bin file that I supply?
>
> The Chip I need to replace and flash is a Winbond W49V002AP  232753801
> 337GFSA in a PLCC32 package.

[skirting the issue that this was marked OT on the main list ;-) ]

Is it really only a one-shot affair? :-/

I have limited experience flashing a bios on several different boards,
but I recall having to do at least one more than once. The idea of
course is that you boot and flash from floppy, so if it fails you boot
again from the floppy. Is that not an option for you?

Gavin