[plug] [OT] Companies in Perth that can flash BIOS chips

Dion tenzero at iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 5 20:03:05 WST 2007

Arie Hol wrote:
> Is your original BIOS still in tact ?

I would say NO.
> If so, read on and try again.
>
> Or is it corrupted ?

Very likely. The machine does not post at all. Even the video card bios
output does not appear.
> If corrupted, does your mobo allow you to access the ROM boot block ?

Sorry I'm not familiar with the term ROM boot block -- can you elaborate?
> Did you use the correct binary file for your mobo ?

Yes.
> If so, read on and try again.
>
> Did you use the correct version of flasher utility for your mobo ?

Yes the flash image and the flash utility come together in a zip file.
> If so, read on and try again.
>
> Did you check the mobo manufacturers guidelines "before" flashing your BIOS
> ?.

Yes, I have the mobo manual.
> Does your mobo have a jumper that needs to be set before flashing ?

No, I can account for all of the jumpers with the manual.
> HTH
>
> Regards Arie
Still no solution but they're all good questions.

Thanks.
Dion.