[plug] How to convert without having to support??

Tomasz Grzegurzko tomasz89 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 16:34:22 WST 2007

On 8/6/07, Arie Hol <arie99 at ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> On 6 Aug 2007 at 15:55, Paul Antoine wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > In deference to everyone's desire for on-topic content, I proffer the
> > following conundrum:
> >
> > I have been approached by an acquaintance who wishes to connect to the
> > Internet for the first time.  He's 60+ year old pensioner and
> > computer-illiterate, though his kids/grandkids are not of course.  He's
> also
> > cheap... and wants a computer for $300.
> >

> Green PC in High Road, East Fremantle can supply a reasonable PC for that
> price, and comes with Win2K installed - licensed as a refurbished computer
>
> Will need to show proof of pensioner status to buy from GreenPC.
>
> More info goto :
>
> https://greenpc.infoxchange.net.au/shopcart/browse.chtml

I wouldn't endorse them to use Windows; your initial support may be
less, but they'll be calling you for issues later on, and it will cost
you more time then a crash course that would take you a few hours from
the outset and that's it for the lifetime of the computer.

I've been through this many times, and seen it happen over and over.
Don't go M$, especially seeing as how adaptable children are!

Tomasz