[plug] *** Software Freedom Day: Volunteer and get free stuff! ***

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 00:23:53 WST 2007

Hi all,

As you probably know the PLUG Committee, iVEC and the Western
Australian Supercomputing Group are organising some events for
Software Freedom Day - an international day to promote free (as in
speech) software.

As part of the event, we are planning to hand out CDs and balloons to
innocent pedestrians on the following days/locations:

Saturday 15th September 2007 - Forrest Place, Perth
Sunday 16th September 2007 - Fremantle
Tuesday 18th September 2007 - UWA Guild

Each day will probably run between about 11am and 3pm, though these
times may change slightly.

To do this, we need some assistance. We are hoping to get 10-15
volunteers per day - and if you could do more than one day that would
be even better.

Free food, tshirts, balloons, CDs, and bags to put everything in will
be provided. This is a great way to get involved with PLUG, meet other
PLUGgers and get that warm fuzzy feeling you get spreading free
software goodness.

If you're interested, then please let me know ASAP so we can finalise numbers.

Cheers,

Patrick