[plug] Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R

WolfBite wolfbite_aus at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 06:27:43 WST 2007

Second that
  all the raid testing with m/b (too much effort for little gain and insecurity)
  These days we double up with componets anyway, so get a dedicated raid card and slot it in :)

Paul Antoine <pma-la at milleng.com.au> wrote:
  Chris,

I'd suggest not bothering with RAID on any motherboard.

Set the ports to ordinary IDE or SATA as the case may be, then use the
software RAID capability in Linux. I run a software RAID5 with
hotspare, and have successfully increased RAID capacity while online
using the mdadm tools and JFS as the filesystem.

This also leaves you free of any incompatibilities if you ever need to
replace the motherboard.

Just my 2c.

Regards,
Paul