[plug] re: virualisation

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Mon Aug 27 18:15:04 WST 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 16:16 +0800, Kev wrote:
> Richard Meyer wrote:
> > Dunno whether you can run Xen under XP, so that could be a point to
> > watch.
>
> Me neither, but you definitely can with Parallels and I'm pretty sure
> VirtualBox has a  Windoze host.

It wasn't until this past post that I saw mention of virtualbox. There
were recent reviews ranking it better in some ways than vmware. Since
you are running suse as your primary os, I know that either opensuse,
packman, or guru repositories have virtualbox packaged for easy intall
via 'smart'. Otherwise, yeh, try wine or crossover before going for
virtual systems if you can get your apps working under that.

Gavin