[plug] USB wireless adapter

Alec Monger ajmonger at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 21:09:34 WST 2007

--- PG & DL Connell <connellp at wantree.com.au> wrote:
> Alec Monger wrote:
> >>>>
> >> Alec
> >>           Now that I've had a chance to reflect what you've written in
> >> LinuxQuestions.org, I realise that your driver seems to be working.  I
> >> would suggest that the problem lies in configuring it to match your
> >> Access Point.  My AP is channel 10 but I had to set my TL-WN321G to
> >> channel 11 for it to work.  That and setting a static IP address.  I
> >> haven't got DHCP working over the adapter yet.  There was a third point
> >> but I've forgotten what is was.  Given time, it will come to me.  In the
> >> meantime, try those two points.
> >>
> >> PaulC
> >>

> > Thanks Paul, I'll try that in the morning.
> >
> > Should I just cycle through the different channels and see if one works?
> >
> > Alec
> >
> Try it one higher than what your AP is set for.  I think it is the
> starting from 0 or starting from 1 thing.  Which driver are you using?
>
> PaulC

I can't remember which driver, to be honest. I started with the rt73 but I think I installed
the rt2x00(?) before I did the ndiswrapper and blacklisted the superfluous rt2x00 ones.

I tried setting a manual IP and changing the channel, but it hasn't changed anything.

While I'm a bit of a nerd and like tweaking and tuning, I really can't be bothered spending
too much time on this. I'll probably swap the usb adapter for a card.

Though there's one point that might be of interest. The adapter has a green light on it that
flashes about 15 times quickly and repeatedly. Does yours do that Paul?

Alec

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage.