[plug] still trying to write to cdrom

Dem Nisbet dnisbet at webace.com.au
Mon Dec 3 22:09:03 WST 2007

Hi to all,
Tomasz (or anyone) as I mentioned, I didn't want to face the risk of
losing data. I can't save to cd, hence I can't back up at the moment.
That's why I bought a flash disk, just so I could back up, then upgrade,
but somehow I can't use that. It has been my plan to upgrade for quite
some time. But if there is any risk whatsoever of losing data, I'd
rather wait until I can figure out how to configure the kernel. Do
upgrades automatically preserve your files, and is there any risk that
it will destroy something? I'm imagining it could crash halfway through
copying files, then I assume everything is trashed.

So if it's possible, I would very much appreciate some advice on how to
go about changing the kernel, or, if there's nothing wrong with my
kernel, what should be the next step.

regards,
Dem.