[plug] still trying to write to cdrom

Tomasz Grzegurzko tomasz89 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 08:32:51 WST 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 11:00 PM, Dem Nisbet <dnisbet at webace.com.au> wrote:
> Thanks Tomasz,
> I'll look into these suggestions. This will probably solve the problem,
> although if anyone has anything further to try (especially if you've had
> a similar experience), like how I can convinvce the apps that there's no
> need for scsi emulation (or how to mount the flash drive as an
> alternative), I'd still be grateful.
>
> regards to all,
> Dem.

In that case, can you post the contents of /proc/partitions when you
plug in the USB flash drive? As well as a fdisk -l? Also the output
from dmesg would be helpful. That way, we can see if/what the kernel
and system is doing when you plug in the flash drive, if it even picks
it up, etc etc. Might just be a simple case of mounting the device
somewhere..

Tomasz