[plug] webcam trouble

Tomasz Grzegurzko tomasz89 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 07:37:35 WST 2007

6On Dec 10, 2007 9:29 PM, Jonathan <jonathan at extremeskiwa.com> wrote:
> I have a "logitech messenger" and can't get it to work in Skype 2.0. It
> does work as it works fine in Kopete and all other programs like xawtv.
>
> It's viewed under /dev/video0 and that's where Skype sees it too.
>
> Now the baffling thing is that this camera works in Skype on my laptop too.
>
> Both laptop and desktop are running Kubuntu 7.04 Basically they're
> identical installs too.
>
> Any help desperately needed urgently.
>
> Thanks for your assistance
> Jonathan

Please define "doesn't work" -- I've seen black screens in Skype 2 (oh
and exactly which Skype 2.0 are you running - a newer beta just got
released), ioctl32 errors in dmesg, and other strange things with the
new beta... And during which every other camera program works
flawlessly with the webcam also!

I guess that's why it's a beta ;)

Tomasz