[plug] No more seagate for me...

Craig Foster Craig at fostware.net
Tue Dec 11 22:03:51 WST 2007

<rant>

1) It's a sdparm setting to fix the power saving, whoopdee
2) They have a longer warranty than pretty much all the others.
3) It's about time they came with NTFS, have you seen the wasted space
and limitations of FAT32? Just fdisk it...
3) So with the WD's not sharing MP3 or AVI files and the Samsung bodgey
quality control, who will you buy from?

</rant>

They didn't snub linux, the power setting is too conservative, and
Windows is dumb enough to not notice a dropped USB connection (as anyone
backing up to external USB HDD may have found out in certain
circumstances)

I can understand protesting again buying that model, but the whole
brand? A little common-sense (not just directed at you, this linux
whingefest has been going on for almost a week now) when forwarding
articles with reactionary subject lines...

Please?

Craig F.