[plug] No more seagate for me...

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 12 13:03:28 WST 2007

I'd prefer it to be approached from the angle "facilitating linux" - the
only way you are going to get full use of the device is to access it
from linux.  Seems it not too hard, and many have done so already.  Cant
see anything thats different to a lot of other devices over the years
that were supposed to be windows only, but can be made to work with
linux with a little effort.

I think a few "pro-active" headlines would be better - "Make your data
safe and secure, use this device as YOU want!", "Linux makes dud WD
device usable" - seems more appropriate than hand wringing ...

Piracy? - debatable.

BillK

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 12:45 +0900, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2007, Craig Foster wrote:
>
> > Yep, connect via SAMBA to the WD and everythings OK, but "WD hates
> > linux" gets more clicks :S
> >
> > The Anywhere Access allows use via the internet, so I can understand the
> > stance from WD - we don't allow sharing AVI/MP3 etc over the internet by
> > more than one person at a time.....
>
> Think "facilitating piracy." Say it over and over and over again.
>

> Adrian

Home in Perth!