[plug] Webcam in Ubuntu

Tomasz Grzegurzko tomasz89 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 09:15:16 WST 2007

On Dec 13, 2007 5:31 AM, Jonathan <jonathan at extremeskiwa.com> wrote:
> Tomasz
>
> When I say my Logitech webcam doesn't work in Skype 2.0.0.27-1 I mean that I just get a black picture. More likely that there is no signal as there is no difference from when I click test to before.
>
> A client of mine has been using Skype in windows for a while now but is considering moving back to Windows if I can't get this webcam to work. She realises that she will be up for the same trouble of viruses and so on if she does move back though.
>
> Remember that I can view the webcam using all other programs, Kopete, xawtv and so on.
>
> Thanks for your assistance
> Jonathan

Yep that's what I've seen too. Suffice to say, it's a Skype problem.
Suggest you hit the feedback/forums and search for your specific
camera, and post a report about it so they can fix it up for you. If
it was 64-bit ubuntu and you're seeing io32ctl errors, thats usually
to do with the kernel module used to drive the camera..

Thats why closed source is a pain! We'll have to wait for them to fix it up.

(I have one camera that works and one that does the same thing -- Grrr...)

Best of luck,
Tomasz