[plug] Webcam in Ubuntu

Tomasz Grzegurzko tomasz89 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 07:39:09 WST 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 4:14 AM, Jonathan <jonathan at extremeskiwa.com> wrote:
> Tomasz
>
> But these two Logitech cameras obviously do work in Kubuntu because they
> both work fine in my laptop install. Both desktop and laptop are running
> Kubuntu 7.04.
>
> Any ideas about that one?
>
> Jonathan

Ahh yes sorry I had forgotten about that part. So you're running
exactly the same kernel on both and yet one works, the other does not.
This is one of those things that I'd need to take a *really* close
look at as it could be kernel-level problems with the module.
Best suggestion I can give for a quick fix is to ensure that both
boxes are running precisely the same kernel (ie. make sure that the
repos are the same and fully updated packages are installed on both
machines).

Only other thing I can think of right now is BIOS settings related to
USB devices. No idea what you're looking for specifically, it's just
sounding like a module or USB "thing" right now..

If I think of anything else that may aid, I'll drop a note..

Tomasz