[plug] lost emails

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Thu Dec 27 21:00:21 WST 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 20:40 +0900, David Dartnall wrote:
> Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction:
> Emails I've been sending over the last few years to
> a particular recipient are not now being received by
> him. Started about three months ago. And they're not
> being bounced - I have had no idea that they weren't
> getting there.
>
> I'm using Gutsy Gibbon with Thunderbird and have installed
> all updates as they come. I know this is vague but I
> don't know what information is needed to troubleshoot.
>
> Where could they have gone? I've always assumed emails
> to have been received by the recipient if not bounced.
>
> Regards
> Dave Dartnall

Dave,

The most likely thing is that he's signed up for a spam filtering
service (or his ISP has given him one, unasked - out of the goodness of
their hearts), and you've been adjudged a spammer ... ;-)

If your mail gets to everyone else, it's most likely him rather than
you.

Cheers
RM
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt, 1783

Linux Counter user #306629