[plug] ./configure

Lance Duivenbode plug at duivenbode.id.au
Fri Dec 28 17:25:20 WST 2007

Hi Richard,

I've been caught by this before. From what I remember (it was >3 months
ago!) Mozilla builds do not use ./configure. Instead you edit a
configuration file (usually client.mk) and then run:

    make -f client.mk

See the following links for more details:

    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Build_Documentation (general
info and main starting point)
    http://www.mozilla.org/build/distribution.html (how you can obtain a
pre-existing configuration file)

I would recommend against this path though as it can be a real pain -
especially when you get 95% of the way through compilation (which is not
short) and you discover something needs something you didn't require! If
you do decide to go down this path, the Online Build Configurator link
under the 'Random FAQs and Developer Documentation)' section is very
useful as it explains all the options and then generates the
configuration file for you based on the options you specify.

Cheers,
Lance