[plug] Re: ? phishing attack

Richard Yellin rhyellin at westnet.com.au
Fri Dec 28 21:02:00 WST 2007

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:43:55 +0800, Mike Holland
<michael.holland at gmail.com> wrote:Richard Yellin >> My mail is heavily
contaminated with spam> Welcome to planet earth.
>> How do I restore my computer to normal?  Is this  a spyware attack?
>> What> Are you a troll? You are posting from a Linux box. I very much
>> doubt its
> spyware. But restore last trusted full backup, and data-only from
> subsequent ones.
I don"t know what a "troll" is in linuxelese. Unfortunately, I don't have
backups for various reasons (I deserve any criticism!).

> "ridiculously cheap", "western union" (W. Mail closed 20 years ago) -
> c'mon, you know the answer. Why ask? Does the guy have a Russian or
> Romanian accent?
> Nigerian, I think, but I knew this. I was curious as to what it was that
> answered my detailed email so quickly (less than 30 seconds).

I only have Red Hat 9 on board, no Windows or cross-over platforms.

> PS what was the story with thunderbird?
Next email, thanks