[plug] switch desktops under remote control

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Dec 30 20:40:56 WST 2007

Is there a way to remotely switch desktops?  I cant find any help with
Google :(

I have a mythtv setup embedded in a cabinet with no keyboard.  I want to
able to select other desktops running other applications (mostly
browsers running a captive webpage - i.e., customised weather page,
systems status, webcam, ...).  Currently its running fluxbox with the
builtin pager, but I can swap it to something else if will do the job.

I can use lirc to trigger a script - but how do I control a
windowmanager remotely?

So what I think I need is a desktop switcher/pager with remote control
capabilities.

Suggestions?

BillK

Home in Perth!