[plug] [Semi-OT] Laptops

Shannon Carver shannon.carver at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 12:00:28 WST 2007

Hey Max,

Check out http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ for a good resource on what
works and what doesn't with Linux..

My Laptop (as stated before, a Dell Latitude D820) has no linux
incompatibility issues at all, even the most annoying of things Linux
(Wireless mainly) works perfectly out of the box with the kernel-mode
ipw 3945 drivers (for an Intel 3945 mini-pci card).

My three PC's at home run linux nearly all the time, apart from when I'm
doing programming work for my job (.NET, require Visual Studio 2005),
like currently (thus the Windows/Mozilla Thunderbird in the Mail
header).  If anyone's watching they'd probably notice that I do post
from windows an awful lot as most of my PLUG reading/reponses occur
during the week when I'm at work.

Cheers

Shannon