[plug] linux-friendly pda

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Wed Feb 14 16:14:58 WST 2007

Fred Janon wrote:
> Correction: shipping for develpoers in March, commercially targeted in
> Oct. Looks good though, with lots of people with good intentions.
> Reading their announcements is interesting.

Yes, I've been following the openmoko devel list closely since its inception. I'll repeat my wager
though.. On release I'd punt it won't sync with linux.

Very little information about their PIM apps yet, though the source code release is only a day or
two away now.. time will tell I guess.

It's like the Qtopia stuff.. the Trolls did "Qtopia Desktop" to enable the Zaurus and similar to
sync with Outlook, but any syncing solution they came up with for linux was flaky at best and mostly
just plain unusable (I ran vanilla Qtopia on my iPAQ(s) for a while in the vain hope I could have a
usable, syncable PIM.. )

Brad