[plug] linux-friendly pda

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 18:18:16 WST 2007

Because this topic is close to me atm, I'll add a little of my research.

I am currently looking at getting a ImCoSys Smartphone (only available
directly from the company). http://www.imcosys.com/html/english.html

It runs Linux, no idea how it'll synchronise with things though, but I
gather the fact it uses SyncML may make things look a little better.
Synchronisation isn't that important to me.

It's a Quad band phone with GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc etc. Has viewers
for most common documents, and does most things you would want a phone
to do. As for "PDA" functions, I think it depends on what kind of
functions you need.

If anyone has one of these, please please comment on it!

I was interested in FIC's openmoko but really don't like the phone
styling, and need wifi (as IMHO all good pda's need).

Oh, and this smartphone can call via voip over a wifi connection!

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au