[plug] network design question

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Tue Jan 9 14:34:12 WST 2007

Like to ask the group the following question.
I'm looking at changing a network to use a Linux gateway server to  route RDP packets from WXPP clients and for the local desktop users to SLED10.1.  These will need to access applications on a W2K T/S server for their application (windows based). The remote users will access the company network via RDP.  This of course will be going through a VPN using Cisco routers and Cisco Clients.
>From what I'm seeing the only savings will be in the desktop clients switching from Windows to Linux, will there be a cost for each users accessing the T/S? or will the users still require a MS T/S license?
I understand there is a linux RDP client that can connect to a W2K T/S server.  Does anyone know of the name of the application?  Have I missed anything? Has anyone setup a site to access a W2K T/S server using a Linux client?

Thanks

Jon