[plug] Ubuntu 6.06 installation/address resolution - update.

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 19:25:55 WST 2007

On 1/15/07, Dave Dartnall <darts at dialix.com.au> wrote:
<snip>

> What have I missed?

This does all sound like a DNS issue.

But, I assume you have checked the the ip address it's given. What is
it given under Windows and Mandrake?

I'm not sure if you provided the following last time you posted, can
you provide them for us to have a peak at?

The output of 'ifconfig' (you may need to be root, so run this in a
terminal, if you don't get much output, then run it as 'sudo ifconfig'
and give it your password when asked).
The output of 'route'
The contents of /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/network/interfaces
If you want an easy way to get the contents of the following files, in
a terminal type 'cat /etc/resolv.conf' and copy the output, and type
'cat /etc/network/interfaces' and copy the output.

Once we have those files, we can start poking around and see what we can.

Thanks

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956