[plug] Ubuntu 6.06 installation/address resolution - update.

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 22:54:50 WST 2007

Ok, just for the records, your IP is actually 192.168.1.101, the
router is 192.168.1.1

Can you send us /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf ???

In that file, try researching supersede/prepend. I think if you add
the following, replacing #.#.#.# with your ISP's DNS servers, things
may work better.
supersede domain-name-servers #.#.#.#;
prepend domain-name-servers #.#.#.#;

Give it a try.

The only thing sus I can see with the other stuff you sent, is
/etc/network/interfaces. I assume it's  due to the network manager. I
assume you don't have wireless or more than one network interface?
If so, try removing most of the file, leaving only the lo and eth0
entries (give it a reboot)

>   auto lo
>   iface lo inet loopback
>
>   auto eth0
>   iface eth0 inet dhcp

Obviously don't use the network manager after this.

Also, see if you have resolvconf installed, if so you /may/ want to
remove it as it can cause issue, but it's normally not a problem.

Give that a go

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956