[plug] nVidia Card

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at ursys.com.au
Tue Jan 16 09:26:15 WST 2007

I don't know whether this is relevant, but my mate had this same
problem with an ATI card. The monitor was a 24" wide screen LCD and
he had all the latest drivers and he could increase the resolution
once but if he dropped it down he was unable to increase it again.

I am wondering if this isn't a Windows configuration problem or even
a windows software glitch?

Adam.

On 16/01/2007, at 9:02 AM, Chris Watt wrote:

> That could be it with ym temporary screen,
>
> But it was doing it with a 19" LCD as well (which I know was a
> 1280*1024 screen).
>
> I have used the new nVidia drivers and still the problem.
>
> Cheers
> ~Chris
>

> On 1/15/07, William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>> A 6200 will do a lot higher res than that, but what is the maximum on
>> the monitor/screen you are using - DDC may be reporting that the
>> max is
>> 1024x768 (or there is a missmatch at higher res.) and wont let you
>> overdrive it?
>>
>> BillK
>>

>> On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 12:15 +1100, Chris Watt wrote:
>> > Hi Guys,
>> >
>> > I know this isn't Linux related, but I have an nVidia 6200 128mb
>> in my
>> > ZP machine that will not alow resolutions above 1024*768.
>> >
>> > I have checked List All Modes and it doesn't help.  Before I
>> installed
>> > the drivers it worked but it didn;t refresh properly (obviously).
>> >
>> > Any idea why?
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > ~Chris
>> --