[plug] Imap problem

Mark J Gaynor mark at mjg.id.au
Tue Jan 23 10:18:52 WST 2007

I have a server configured as samba file server and email server to six
windows workstations. The workstations use outlook clients via IMAP to get
the mail. The problem is after an update, uw-IMAP (original install) will
not allow anything to connect to it. Telnet localhost 143 gets this
response

mail:/$ telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS LOGINDISABLED]
localhost IMAP4rev1 2003.339 at Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:00:01 +0800 (WST)
^]
telnet> quit
Connection closed.
mail:/$

so I guess the IMAP service is available. The web mail on the machine is
working ok but uses pop3. I can't find a config file in /etc for uw-IMAP.

I'm looking for some ideas to follow.

Mark
--.